Disability Accommodation: Information for Applicants

The University of Wisconsin–Madison is committed to building a diverse staff, including individuals with disabilities. To remove barriers in the hiring process and to create equal employment opportunities, we provide reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants with disabilities.

Please contact the Divisional Disability Representative (DDR) in the division you are applying for a job in to request an accommodation for any step in the hiring process (e.g., application, interview, pre-employment testing, etc.). Please make your request as soon as possible to help the university respond most effectively to your request.

Divisional Disability Representatives:

  • are local HR professionals,
  • serve as the lead point of contact for all accommodation requests,
  • have received training on disability processes,
  • are authorized to request, receive, and maintain confidential medical records for employing units; and,
  • have the official decision-making authority for accommodation requests.

This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.

How do I find the DDR?

You can find the Divisional Disability Representatives for each division of the university on our Divisional Disability Representatives (DDR) page.

How do I find the division where I am applying for a job?

The job posting will include the name of the school, college, division or administrative unit. If you have already applied for the position and it is no longer listed on the website, log into your applicant account and click on “View Application” for the position. The contact person will be listed.

You can also contact the Employee Disability Resources (EDR) office for assistance in identifying the DDR at employee.disabilities@cdo.wisc.edu. EDR serves as the campuswide hub for information on the disability accommodation process for employees and applicants. It offers essential information, consultation, education, and referral services to help minimize barriers in the workplace. You can contact the EDR office at any time for a confidential conversation.

How do I request sign language interpreting or captioning?

The McBurney Disability Resources Center provides sign language interpreting and captioning services for job applicants and employees. The DDR will work with McBurney staff to arrange the accommodation.

Request sign language interpreting or live CART captioning